Unit 4 Don’t eat in class
Teaching plan for Unit 4
Good afternoon, everyone, It’s my great pleasure to be here sharing my lesson with you. The content of my lesson is Go for it. Book 2 Unit 4 Don’t eat in class section B. I’ll be ready to begin this lesson from six parts. Analysis of the teaching material, the teaching methods, the studying methods, the teaching procedure, and Blackboard design. First, let me talk about the teaching material.
Part 1 Teaching Material:
This unit is about rules. By studying of this unit, we’ll enable the students to know some rules at school and at home, and have the serious attitude towards these rules and follow these rules. This lesson plays an important part in the English teaching in this unit. This is an important lesson in Book One. From this lesson, it starts asking the Ss to grasp contents of each passage. Therefore, this lesson is in the important position of the teaching material. If the Ss can learn it well, it will be helpful to make the Ss learn the rest of this unit.As we all know ,reading belongs to the input during the process of the language learning. The input has great effect on output , such as speaking and writing . According to the new standard curriculum and the syllabus (新课程标准和教学大纲), after studying the teaching material and analyzing the rule of children’s growing of mind,I think the teaching aims are the followings:
a)The Ss can hear, read, and use the main sentence patterns
b)The Ss can understand the content of the lesson.
c)The Ss can use the patterns to express their thoughts in the proper situation.
(1) To develop the Ss’ abilities of listening, speaking, reading and writing.
(2) To train the Ss’ ability of working in pairs.
(3) To Improve the student’s reading ability, especially their skimming and scanning ability.
3.Emotion or moral objects:
a)By completing the task,the Ss increase their interest and set up self-confidence ;
b)Teach the Ss understand parents and schools.
now,let’s come to the Important points and the Difficult points.
Well, how to achieve the teaching objects better, how to stress the important points and break through the difficult points? As is known to us all, the modern teaching demands the teacher should improve the students’ ability. A good teaching method requires that the teacher should have the leading effects. According to the analysis of the teaching material and the students’ learning background ,I will use the following methods .
Part 2 Teaching Methods:
In my opinion, the main instructional aims of learning English in the Middle School is to develop the students’ abilities of listening, speaking, reading, writing and their good sense of the English language. So in this lesson I’ll mainly use “Communicative”Approach, “Whole language teaching”and “Task-based” language teaching. That is to say, I’ll let the Ss to get a better understanding of the key structure of the dialogue. According to the modern social communication teaching theories, I adopt the TSA method and TBLT method in my teaching, namely Total Situational Action and Task-based Language Teaching. The former is a “scene —activity”teaching method .It establishes a real scene and the interaction between the teacher and the Ss . The latter offers the Ss an opportunity to complete the tasks in which Ss use language to achieve a specific outcome. The activity reflects real life and learners focus on meaning, they are free to use any language they want.At the same time, I’ll make use of the modern electricity teaching equipments and all kinds of teaching means, it can develop the Ss creativity in learning English.
Part 3 Studying Methods:
As middle school students, they have a certain ability to read . And the beautiful places are most attractive and easily arouse students learning emotion .As for the learning methods, they are poor in cooperative learning skills. Some students are not active in the class ,and some students don’t like English, therefore, I ’ll have Ss study in a relaxed atmosphere. Ss understand the new knowledge in certain degree through the mental process of seeing, hearing, saying, observing, thinking etc. And make preparation for completing the new study task. After feeling and understanding the language points, let Ss get the knowledge actively by probe study and cooperative study. In a word, e’ll
1.Teach the Ss how to be successful language learners.
2.Let the Ss pass "Observation—Imitation—Practice " to study language.
3.Teach the Ss how to master dialogues and how to communicate with others.
Part 4 Teaching Procedure:
Ⅰ. Warming- up and revision
1. Greet the Ss.
2. Check the homework. Let some Ss read their home rules.
1. Show some pictures on the big screen and let Ss learn the new words and expressions.
2. T: What day is it today? Ss: It’s Tuesday.
T: The boy is going out on school nights.
Can you go out on school nights?
Ss: No, we can’t.
T: Yes, in China, the students can’t go out on school nights.
So please don’t go out on school nights.
4. Check the answers with the class.
1. Tell Ss they'll listen to the recording about Dave's house rules. Listen and put an× for things Dave can't do and a √for things he has to do.
2. Play the recording for the Ss to listen and check.
3. Play the recording again for the Ss to check the answers.
1. Now let's work on 1c. Now first, let's read the phrases aloud together.
2. Explain the meaning of the phrases if necessary.
3. Play the recording three times for the Ss to listen and write the phrases in the chart in 1b.
4. Check the answers:
Ⅴ. Group work
1. Divide the Ss into groups. Each group has eight students.
2. T: Now let's talk about Dave's home rules.
3. Ss work in groups. Every student can say one rule. Then you can write down what the rules are when other group members say.
4. Make a list of Dave's house rules.
1. T: Everybody may have something unhappy. When you are unhappy who do you like to talk to?
S1: I like to talk to my aunt.
S2: I like to talk to my best friend.
S3: I like to talk to …
T: OK. Do you know, when I'm unhappy I like to talk to Dr. Know. She's great and he knows everything. She can give you the best advice. Now, let's work on 2a and let's meet Dr. Know.
1. Show some pictures on the big screen. Teach Ss the new words and expressions.
dirty, dishes, kitchen, noisy, relax, terrible, read, feel, strict, be strict with
2. Ss learn the new words and expressions and try to remember them.
1. Fast reading
T: There are many rules in Molly's home and school. She feels unhappy. Read the letter and find the answer to this question:
What does Molly feel about the rules?
Ss read the letter and find the answer to this question.
(she feels terrible.)
2. Careful reading
1) Read the letter again and underline the rules for Molly.
2) Ss read the letter and try to find the rules for Molly and underline them.
3) Check the answers with the class.
(Let some Ss read their answers aloud. Let other Ss add some rules. )
3. Careful reading
1) Read Dr. Know's letter and answer this question:
What does she think of the school and home rules?
2) Ss read Dr Know's letter and find the answer to this question.
3) Let one student read out his/her answer.
(She thinks parents and schools are sometimes strict, but they make rules to help us. We have to follow them. )
1. Read the letter again and complete the sentences with have to/ must, can or can't.
1. Remember the new words and expressions in this period.
2. Ask Ss write down Molly's rules at home and at school.
Purpose of design:
1..Do the exercises in the workbook.Check the mastering of knowledge of this lesson.
2.Ask Ss to interview their friends asking the price and size of their clothing and make records of the information.
Purpose of my design: I think homework is so important that the Ss should speak English as much as they can in class or after class. It is necessary for the Ss to do some exercises after class to master the knowledge they learned. This content is an extension of the previous lesson, to meet the needs of increasing communicating demand of some Ss.
Part 5 Blackboard Design.
Anyway, the teaching of this lesson aims to develop not only the Ss' language technical abilities, but also the various intelligence by gathering teaching methods. Purpose of my design:
1、Make the students be free to talk about family rules
2、Understand the reading passages and can talk more about teamwork.
3、Improve the students’ reading and writing skills.
Part 6 Reflection
As teachers, to make our English classrooms shine with vitality, we are laid with heavy burden, and we still have long way to go. Deal with the language points. Ask the students to pick out the useful expression from the text, give them more examples, and do some exercises to practice the language points.